Women’s basketball home opener against OU on for Friday

Kent State’s women’s basketball (0-1) game against Ohio University (2-0) has been rescheduled for Friday Dec. 11 at 2 p.m. at the M.A.C. Center.

The game was originally scheduled for Saturday Dec. 5, but the contest was postponed for an unspecified reason.

The game will be the Flashes’ first home game of the season and will be the first Mid-American Conference game for both teams.

Kent’s last game was a 103-47 loss against No. 18 Ohio State University (3-0) and Ohio’s last game was an 86-85 win over Notre Dame (0-1). 

Last season, the Flashes (19-11, 11-7 MAC) and the Bobcats (19-11, 11-7 MAC) were East Division MAC co-champions and the home team won each matchup between the two. 

“[Ohio] is a team with two of the more dynamic scorers [CeCe Hooks and Erica Johnson] in the conference and either one of them could be conference player of the year this year,” coach Todd Starkey said after the loss to OSU. “They’ve got a lot of experience, so you’ve got an experienced team playing with a ton of confidence after their first two wins. They’re a completely different style of basketball than what we just faced.”

Kathryn Rajnicek is a sports reporter. Contact her at [email protected].

SUPPORT STUDENT MEDIA 

Hi, I’m Lauren Sasala, a senior journalism student from Toledo. I’m also the editor in chief of The Kent Stater and KentWired this semester. My staff and I are committed to bringing you the most important news about Kent State and the Kent community. We are full-time students and hard-working journalists. While we get support from the student media fee and earned revenue such as advertising, both of those continue to decline. Your generous gift of any amount will help enhance our student experience as we grow into working professionals. Please go here to donate.