REVIEWED: Court fines men’s basketball players for involvement in Campus Pointe fight

Kristyn Soltis

Five people, including three Kent State basketball players, cited for disorderly conduct in connection to the Sept. 26 fight at Campus Pointe were arraigned Friday in Portage County Municipal Court.

Three of the defendants, freshman point guard Eric Gaines and freshman forwards Robert Johnson and Darius Leonard, were indentified on surveillance tapes at the apartment complex following the incident. They were each charged Nov. 8 for disorderly conduct, a fourth-degree misdemeanor.

The members of the Kent State men’s basketball team each received a fine and court costs totaling $187 to be paid within 30 days, according to court records. Failure to pay within the time given may result in the loss of driver’s license or a bench warrant being issued for an arrest.

Also charged with disorderly conduct were Raymond Carter, 23, and Darnell Morgan, 29, of Maple Heights. The case remains open concerning Carter and Morgan with $140 in court fees owed. Court records have not been updated for either defendant as of Sunday evening.

THIS WAS ABOUT ALL YOU COULD DO ON THIS KS. IT’S LESS THAN YOU WOULD WANT, BUT IT’S ALL YOUR COULD GET.