Burr hosts annual ‘Portrait in a Flash’ tomorrow at 10 a.m.

Just in time for graduation and the holidays, The Burr is holding its annual fundraiser, Portraits in a Flash. Ken Holmes, marketing manager for The Burr, said a professionally done portrait can make an ideal holiday gift for family or friends, serve as a glamour shot for theater majors or just be used for fun.

The Burr is one of several student-run magazines available on campus. The magazine has held this fundraiser every semester for three years.

Students can stop by to get their pictures taken from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow at the photo lab in Taylor Hall. Portrait packages will include five to six retouched photos for $25 or two to three passport photos for $10. The passport photos will conform to passport standards.

Cash, credit cards or checks will be accepted. The photos will come on a CD and will be available for pick-up Monday in the business office in Taylor Hall.

Holmes said students don’t have to come in “wearing a tie and looking serious.” He encouraged students to get funny pictures as well, adding that they can bring friends or props.

Appointments are preferred, but not required. To request a specific time, students can contact Holmes by e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at (216) 374-5171.

– Kiera Manion-Fischer