NE Ohio organization, College 360, aims to keep college grads local

Kate Bigam

The Full Circle Festival, a series of traveling road shows at local universities, will make its stop at Kent State tomorrow from noon until 2:30 p.m.

At the festival in Risman Plaza, students will have the opportunity to browse booths of area business while enjoying free food and live music by local band 1959. Students will also receive free samples, such as energy drinks at the booth for local company Foxxy Beverages.

“We want to bring Northeast Ohio to campus for you,” said Rachel Zinn, project coordinator for the festival’s sponsor, College 360, an organization that works to keep local college graduates in the Northeast Ohio area.

Additional exhibits will include booths by the Great Lakes Science Center, Cleveland Pops Orchestra, Akron Art Museum, Grand Prix of Cleveland and the Rockin’ Cleveland Party Bus Service.

“We’re trying to bring a lot of variety, with the orchestra and the museum, as well as the quirkier entrepreneurial ventures,” said, explaining that College 360 strives to introduce students to the larger Northeast Ohio region .

“I hope students will get inspired to get off campus,” she said. “Kent does a great job of making the campus environment a really good one, but there are also a lot of great things to do in the neighborhoods and in the community.”

Zinn also encouraged students to attend the Indians baseball game tonight at Jacobs Field, where student tickets are half price with a college ID. Prior to the game, College 360 will sponsor a rock concert by local band Minor Setback. The first 400 visitors will receive free CDs; the first 1,000 will be given free hot dogs.

Contact administration reporter Kate Bigam at [email protected].