Covid numbers continue to rise as semester closes out

Isabella Schreck, Reporter

Covid-19 numbers on campus are up by 42 percent, according to the university’s coronavirus dashboard.

There were 44 covid-19 cases reported on Kent State’s main campus the week of April 17. A total of 207 covid tests were taken.

Cases were up 500 percent, then down rising only 72 percent in early April. Covid numbers rose from three cases the week of March 27 to 18 cases the week of April 3. The week of April 10, there were 31 reported cases.

As of April 17, 3.6 percent of the isolation and quarantine rooms on campus are being used.

This spring, there have been a total of 106 infections reported. Since July 7, 2020, there have been 2,761 cases reported on campus.

On regional campuses, only one case of covid was reported at Ashtabula, Geauga, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas. There have been a total of 370 cases since July 7, 2020 on all regional campuses.

At Kent State’s main campus, 82.9 percent of students are vaccinated and 82.7 percent of employees are vaccinated against covid-19 as of April 3. On all campuses combined, 79 percent of students are vaccinated and 81.5 percent of employees are vaccinated.

Vaccination rates are updated on the site once a month. The next update will be May 4.

Isabella Schreck is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected]