TV2 News is hiring!

Alexandria Manthey, TV2 News Director

TV2 News is hiring for the Fall 2022 semester. TV2 is the editorially independent, student-run television station at Kent State that streams on KentWired.com. The station features Flashcasts on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 a.m., our live 6 p.m. newscasts Monday through Friday, entertainment and sports programming and live election night coverage. You can watch previous shows on the TV2 YouTube channel, here. 

Join us for our fall Open House Friday, August 26 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm in the student newsroom, 240 Franklin Hall. Live auditions will be held for news and sports positions on Aug. 30 from 5 to 8 p.m. Entertainment position auditions will be held on Aug. 31 for, also from 5 to 8 p.m., in the television studio in 146 Franklin Hall.

On-air positions for news include:

Anchors & co-anchors: Anchors are responsible for writing the day’s top headlines in broadcast style. The anchors then deliver these stories from the news desk on live television. They work with the TV2 news director and producer to complete other necessary tasks. There is one anchor and one co-anchor for every Flashcast and newscast.

Multimedia journalists (MMJ):  Multimedia journalists are responsible for interviewing, filming, writing and editing stories for the newscast. They will then introduce the story live in the studio.

Segment anchors: The segment anchor position is similar to the MMJ and anchor positions, but a bit of a smaller workload. They are responsible for interviewing sources and writing stories for the newscast. Typically, the segment anchor is responsible for a few stories that all relate to one larger topic. They will then deliver the story live in the studio.

Weather anchors: The weather anchor creates graphics that correspond to the forecast. They then deliver it on live television.

Off-air positions for producing news: 

Associate Producer: In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn through tasks such as building a 30-minute show rundown once a week and conducting interviews. You will also learn valuable lessons such as news judgment, writing in broadcast style, creating graphics using XPression, editing and cutting video using Adobe Premiere Pro, etc. 

If you are interested in applying for any of the positions listed above, please fill out the application here  and sign up for a time slot here. You must fill out both forms. For any questions on position descriptions for the news department please contact the News Director, Alexandria Manthey ([email protected]). 

If you are interested in applying for the sports department, please contact TV2 Sports Director Jack Berney with any questions ([email protected].) On-air positions in the sports department include Newscast Sports Anchors, FlashCast Sports Anchors, SportsCorner Hosts, SportsCorner Correspondents and Overtime Host. If you are interested in auditioning for any of these positions please fill out this google form: here.

If you are auditioning for both news and sports, you only need to sign up for one time slot which you can do here. 

If you are interested in applying for the entertainment department, please contact Entertainment Director Tony Perialis at [email protected]

Interested in learning more? Sign up for the TV2 email list (listserv) here.

If hired for the semester you will be expected to attend staff training Sept. 2 – 4. Times TBD. 

For any additional questions please contact the TV2 General Manager, Shane Troyano ([email protected].)