Alexis Springer

Senator of the College of Architecture and Environmental Design candidate for USG. 

Senator for the College of Architecture and Environmental Design Candidate 

Q: What is your platform?

A: “I want to focus on mental health and well being for students within our college.  I would love to do this by creating stress free zones and activities within campus and the College of Architecture and Environmental Design majors.  I also want to build on and work with our mentorship program we have within our college that gives aid to underclassmen. This will help create connections and help individuals to collaborate between the different majors within our college.  I believe that this will allow for a more creative and inclusive learning environment, expand our portfolios, and help us learn how to work together like we do within our industry. I would also like to continue to work on providing free menstrual products for our campus.  This is something that I worked a lot on this past year with Undergraduate Student Government. I also believe that helping students receive and be educated about the different opportunities that the Undergraduate Student Government provides. One example of this is educating students about receiving funding to attend conferences individually and as groups. Another aspect within my college that is important to improve on is making a space for construction management and architecture studies students to relax within the College of Architecture and Environmental Design. This will also greatly improve the environment and inclusivity within the programs.  I also believe that reworking the program and spaces within the building to ensure that students are not being kicked out of the College of Architecture and Environmental building is a priority. 

Q: Why should people vote for you?

A: “Overall, I would like to be the voice for all students within the college.  I believe that this is necessary to ensure that everyone knows that they have a space and that they are cared about at Kent State University.”

Q: What changes are you looking to enact?

A: “Improvements with mental health, Improvements with diversity and inclusion, Continue to grow the menstrual product program at Kent State University, Improve mentorship programs, Educate about opportunities and resources on campus.”